Training Plan Event
A Training Plan Event is used to fill in proposed dates and assign trainers for an enrolment. Training Plan events are often used for courses that run over an extended period of time with varied module start and finish dates.
Training Plan Events can be used in conjunction with a Course Template to increase efficiency and reduce data entry errors when entering course enrolments.
The Training Plan Event is not the students Training Plan. If a Training Plan needs to be changed after it has been created this should be done by adding a new Training Plan Revised Event, not by editing the original training plan event.
There is a Training Plan Event Template built into Icare that can be used to easily establish a training plan event.
Add a Training Plan Event
To add a Training Plan Event, first navigate to the enrolments page for the desired student by:
- Finding the required Student using the Search box on the Home page;
- Open the desired Enrolment page by double-clicking on the Enrolment.
The enrolment must include Enrolled Modules before a Training Plan Event can be added to the enrolment. If the enrolment does not include Module Enrolments, you will need to Add Module Enrolments.
From thebox on the left, click on .
Selectfrom the drop down list. This will open the Add Event page.
Under the heading Training Plan several fields will be avaible for data entry. Refer to Add Event for further details on these fields, if required.
- If desired, enter the Trainer name in this field. This is a record of the trainer that participated in the development of the training plan.
- This field will state Training Plan. You may leave this as is, or edit it if you wish.
Scheduled Course Enrolment
Under the heading Scheduled Course Enrolment are a number of data entry fields.
- Enter a Trainer name in this field if desired.
- This trainer field is used when one trainer is responsible for all the training, or if one trainer is responsible for the majority of the training. If the modules are trained by a number of different trainers, leave this field blank and assign a trainer against each module (as described below).
- Proposed Commencement Date
- Enter the Planned training start date in this field.
- Proposed Completion Date
- Enter a date for when you believe the training will be completed.
Under the heading Scheduled Modules will be listed all the modules scheduled for training, you should enter the length of time required to complete each module and, if desired a trainer, as described below:
- Proposed Start Date
- Select either, Date, Days, Weeks or Months from the drop down box. Then enter either the proposed start date or the number of days, weeks, months from the proposed commencement date, as appropriate (if the Days/Weeks/Months options are chosen Icare will automatically calculate the required date).
- Propsed End Date
- Repeat the process above (where appropriate, the end date will be automatically calculated from the start date).
- Assign Trainer
- If desired, choose to Display the Trainer column by selecting the tick box next to . Click in the Trainer Column to enter a trainer.
- This Assign Trainer field is used when multiple trainers are responsible for training of different modules. Generally, if there is one main trainer and then one or two other trainers responsible for one or two modules, you would list the main trainer under the Training Plan heading, and only specify the other trainers next to their allocated modules. Where a trainer is not listed next to a module, the main trainer is automatically assigned.
Repeat this process to add the required length of time and a trainer (if desired) for all modules.
Clickfrom the box to save the event.
If several modules will have the same time frame and/or trainer, these can be entered as a.
To create a Bulk Entry:
- Highlight the required modules, while holding down the control key.
- Select from the box on the left. This will open the Bulk Entry Data screen.
- Complete the required data fields.
- Click .