Import a Qualification from Training.gov.au
To assist in entering full qualification details in Icare, you can use the "Wizard" function, which does much of the hard work for you.
From the Home page select, then Select .
Selectfrom the menu. A data entry screen will be displayed which will enable you to search for a qualification listed on training.gov.au.
Under Search for, enter information about the qualification you want to find. You do not need to enter all search fields, a partial code maybe all that is needed to find the qualification
Search for fields:
- Qualification Code
- If you know all or part of the Qualification code, enter it in this field e.g BSB4, and select from the menu.
- Qualification Name
- If you know all or part of the Qualification name, enter it in this field e.g. Frontline Management, and select from the box.
- Package Name
- If you know the training package, you can start typing either the package code or name e.g. BSB07 and it will appear in the automatically generated list. Select the desired package by clicking on it.
- If you know don't know the training package name, but would recognise it in a list, click on the three dots at the end of the field. This will open the Select a training package page, which contains a full list of the training packages available on Training.gov.au. Select the desired training package by highlighting it and choosing from the box, or simply double click on the desired entry.
- You can choose to have the search results sorted by either code or name.
- To find and import qualifications that have been superseded, enter Yes.
Once the Qualification you wish to import is listed in the Import from results table, highlight it and then selectfrom the menu.
Many of the Classification data will be imported from training.gov.au for you (reducing large amount of data entry and the risk of data entry errors). You will just need to state the Nominal Hours for the Qualification.
Selectfrom the box and the qualification will be established in Icare as a course.
You can now move onto adding Common Modules, adding Course Folders, and/or adding Course Templates for your course.