Add Common Modules to Courses
Common modules can be linked to a course within Icare. Generally these would be modules that are standard inclusions for most students (they do not have to be modules that everyone must do). In most circumstances, common modules would be the Core or required modules a course, or they might be the most common electives that the majority of students would choose from (i.e. 5 electives are listed as common modules and the students choose three of those).
Common modules can be included when the course is first created on Icare, or added sometime later.
Adding Common Modules
To add common modules, you need to start on the Course page:
Selectfrom under the Courses and Modules heading on the menu.
- 1. If you are entering a new course follow the Add a course or Import a Qualification from Training.gov.au instructions. Once you have added the course, leave the Course page open.
- 2. If you are adding common modules to an existing course, select the desired course from Courses page list by double-clicking on it or by highlighting it and selecting from the box on the left. This will display the Course page.
From thebox on the left, select .
Click onfrom the box. This will open the Add Modules to Course page.
There are several ways to add a module to the course:
- 1. If the desired module is on the Modules list, highlight the module from the list and then select from the box. The Common Modules page with the chosen module, will be displayed.
- 2. If the list of modules is long, you can enter relevant information in either the or Search by boxes and click in the box. This will provide a reduced number of modules to only those which contain the information you are looking for.
- For Example: you might enter Quality in the Module search box and then click in the box. This would list only the modules present in the database that contain the word Quality.
- Once the required module is can be located on the list, either double-click on it or highlight it and then select from the box. The Common Modules page with the chosen module will be displayed.
- 3. If the module you want to add as a common module is not present in the list, you can either Import a Unit of Competency from Training.gov.au or Add a Module by selecting the relevant option from the box. Once the Module has been added to the Modules list, either double-click on it or highlight it and then select from the box. The Common Modules page with the chosen module will be displayed.
- Multiple Modules can be highlighted and added to the course together at the same time, by using the Control key.
Managing Common Modules
Once all the desired modules have been added as Common Modules, you can move the modules between the available Course Folders by highlighting the module to be moved and clickingand selecting the required Course Folder.
Modules can also be sorted, (either by Code or Name) by clicking the desired option underin the box.
The modules will only be sorted within each Course Folder.
Common Modules can be deleted from a course, by highlighting the module and clicking onin the box.