RPL Assessment Underway (Victoria)
In July 2012, a new RPL adjustment rule was added to the SVTS system.
Modules enrolments that go through an RPL assessment process are funded at 50% of the hourly rate for most courses.
The Victorian Statistical Collection Guidelines 2012 v1.5 introduces new codes and business logic to support the above rule.
To avoid receiving 100% of the hourly rate when a module enrolment commences, only to have 50% of that taken back when it is assessed as RPL Granted or RPL not Granted.
A module enrolment goes through three stages when it is part of an RPL assesment:
- Proposed The RPL process has not commenced.
- Underway The RPL process has commenced.
- Assessed or switch to Training
- Assessed The module enrolment has been assessed as RPL Granted or RPL not Granted.
- Switch to Training The RPL process is abandoned and training commences.
The module enrolment is not reported to SVTS until the RPL process has commenced.
SVTS The module enrolment is reported to SVTS with a marking code of 50 RPL assessment underway and result not yet available.
This is achieved in Icare by adding an Assessment event and selecting RPL Underway as the mark. You may optionally revise the proposed end date.
The module will be displayed on the Enrolment page with:
- an actual start date in black,
- a proposed end date in grey,
- a mark of RPL Underway in grey.
Compare this with a module enrolment that commences training. In that case you would add a Training event and the module enrolment would be reported to SVTS with a mark code of 70 Continuing studies or 90 Result not available (depending on the proposed end date).
SVTS The module enrolment is reported to SVTS with a marking code of either 51 Recognition of prior learning - granted or 52 Recognition of prior learning - not granted
This is achieved in Icare by adding an Assessment event and selecting RPL Granted or RPL not Granted as the mark.
Switch to Training
A student can start training if they are unable to complete the RPL process.
You have two alternatives in Icare to represent this change from RPL process to training:
- Assess the first module enrolment as RPL not Granted and add a second enrolment into the same module
- Switch the module enrolment from RPL process to training by adding a Training event.
If you switch the module to training by adding a Training event, the module enrolment will be reported to SVTS with a mark code of 70 Continuing studies or 90 Result not available (depending on the proposed end date).
New mark - RPL Underway
To add the RPL Underway mark into Icare:
- from the Home page
- click Management
- click Manage Marks under the Setup heading
- click Add Mark
- enter the name as RPL Underway
- enter the code as RAU (RPL assessment underway)
- enter the type as RPL Assessment Underway
- click Save Changes
NOTE: The name and code fields above are only suggestions, you can substitute your own name and code.