Icare Layout and Navigation
The Icare page layout is based on a screen split design. Most pages are split into two vertical sections.
- The main part of the page is to the right and will display all the data.
- The left hand side of the page will display a series of menu options. These options will change depending on which part of the database your are viewing.
There are a number of options which can be used to navigate around Icare.
- You can use a mouse to select items on the right side, and then click on an option from the relevent menu;
- Double-click on Items using your mouse;
- Use arrow keys to highlight options;
- When they are listed in the menu, you can use Keyboard short cut keys (e.g. Ctrl + A to add an enrolment)
- When entering or editing data, the Tab or Enter Key can be used to move to the next data field.
One important item to note is that unlike many programs, Icare does not have a back button.
To return to the previous page, you can look at thepart of the menu options. This will list the path you followed to reach the current page and you can select with your mouse, any of the previous pages listed.
One example of this is if you have navigated to the Enrolment page, thebox would list:
The heading would be in Bold, as this is the current page.
To return the student page, click on theheading. If you have finished looking at that student, Click on to return to the Home page.
Data Entry/Editing Tips
When entering or editing data, you can move around the page using the Tab or Enter Keys. If you use the Tab key, the cursor will move to the next field without validating the data. If you use the enter Key, the data will be validated before moving to the next field. If there is a problem with the validation anwill appear, on the left of the page and the cursor will remain in the current field.
If you choose to use the Tab key for navigation, then all data will be validated when you save the data. Any validation error will be noted with an. If there is more than one, the message will relate to the first error and you will need to correct it and try to save again, for the next message to appear. All validation errors must be fixed before the data will be saved.
If at the end of making a change, you try leave the edit page without choosingor from the box, the progam will ask you to make a choice between , or before allowing you to proceed.
Entering Addresses into Icare
Addresses are entered in a number of pages throughout Icare including:
- Student page
- Employer page
- Employer Contact page
- User page entry
- Delivery Location page.
Refer to Entering Addresses on Icare for further details and examples.