Withdraw a Module Enrolment
Icare uses the term Withdraw at the module level. Please refer to Cancel an Enrolment if you are looking to finalize a course enrolment.
NOTE: If modules are being withdrawn at the same time as cancelling from the course then this can be done in one step by Cancelling the Enrolment.
A module enrolment is Withdrawn when the student does not complete all of the required training (and other activities) required to make a final assessment.
The withdrawal can take place before any training has occurred (Did Not Start) or after some training has occurred (Withdrawn).
When some training has occurred Icare will ask you to fill in the Attended Hours (up to the Scheduled Hours). The Attended Hours is most important in Victoria for funded enrolments that get paid by the hour, withdrawn enrolments will get paid based on the attended hours rather than the scheduled hours.
- Navigate to the student's Enrolment page
- For example: Search for a student on the home page, press enter to go to the Student page. Then press enter (or double click the enrolment) to go to the Enrolment page.
- Highlight the modules that where withdrawn together
- Click the Add Event link on the left hand side and then click on Modules Withdrawn from the drop down menu.
- Note: The drop down options can be customized and may have alternative wording, see Manage Event Templates for further information.
- The Add Event page will be displayed with Training shown as the event type (sub heading above the Date field)
- Enter the date the module(s) where withdrawn
- Optionally, enter the trainer that authorised/signed of the withdrawal.
- Optionally, adjust the subject and comment fields if you wish to provide additional information.
- For each module listed under the Withdrawn Modules sub heading
- Enter Did Not Start or Attended in the Attended? column
- Enter the Attended Hours if you entered Attended in the previous step
- Click Save Changes on the left hand side
If some other modules were assessed or trained on the same date that the withdrawal took place then you can add those details to the same event. See Training Event for further details.