Add an Enrolment
The process of adding an enrolment (or enrolling a student) takes you through the following steps:
- Search for the Student (in case they have done training with you before)
- Add Student details (or update existing details)
- Add Student AVETMISS details (or update existing details)
- Select the Course and template when appropriate
- Enter the Enrolment details
- Add a Training Plan if a template was selected
To start an enrolment click thelink under the Enrolments heading on the Home page.
Search for existing Student
To avoid duplicate student records, the Add an Enrolment process always performs a search of existing students.
The search page asks for minimal student details (Name, Gender and Date of Birth). Please enter these fields in fully, if the search does not find an existing student these details will be placed in the Add Student page so you do not need to re-enter details.
Clickin the box on the left hand side.
The search is quite general to catch common situations such as:
- Entering the surname and given names around the wrong way,
- Searching for a student with a middle name that did not supply their middle name last time.
If the search does not find any existing students then you will be taken straight to the Add Student page.
If the search finds students, trainers and/or users with similar details you will be taken to a Existing Person? page with a list of those people.
You can navigate into the existing records to see more details so that you can assess whether they are the same person you are enrolling now.
Whilst navigating into the existing records thebox on the left hand side will be displayed in green and contain two links.
- Use existing person
- Clicking the link allows you to continue the enrolment process adding the enrolment to the existing person, you will be taken to the Edit Student page.
- Continue adding person
- If none of the existing records are the student you are enrolling, clicking the link will take you straight to the Add Student page.
The Edit Student page contains basic student details.
If you are adding an enrolment to an existing student you can update the students details if they have changed since their first enrolment.
Add/Edit Student AVETMISS
The Edit Student AVETMISS page contains all of the AVETMISS Enrolment questions.
Many of the fields have aoption, this is used for when the student does not answer the question.
Select a Course
Double click the Course you wish to enrol.
If the list of courses is long you can search for courses by typing into the two search boxes above the list.
Select a Course Template
You will only see this page if the course you selected has multiple course templates defined.
Course Templates are used to reduce data entry when many students are enrolled with common enrolment details. The template is created first with the common details and then the template is selected as each student is enrolled.
Some of the interesting fields are:
- Entry Date
- This date also known as the Enrolment Date can be used in a variety of ways depending on your on requirements. In most cases the date would reflect the first contact you have with a student, when they sign the enrolment form or book for training.
- Report To
- This field allows you to select where to send AVETMISS details for this enrolment. For State funded students, this is the State providing the funding. Fee for Service students can be reported to the State the training is delivered in or to the State your RTO is registered in (i.e. for remote or online learning students).
- Many of the enrolment fields have State specific requirements, changing this field will enable only the specific fields required for AVETMISS reporting that State.
- Some employers can also be the Delivery Location, such employers can be flagged as such. When those employers are entered into this field the following Delivery Location field will be automatically filled in also.
- This field is a temporary place holder for details imported from previous versions of Ted and Icare and will be deleted in the future. Leave this field blank for new enrolments.
- Funding Type
- If you enter a funding type that has been setup for Apprenticeship/Traineeships then one or two additional fields will become active so that you can enter in the registration numbers for the student.
If you selected a Course Template (which includes a Training Plan Event) as part of the above process, then you will be taken to the Add Event page to enter the Training Plan event. The Add Event page will be filled in with details from the template.
End of Process
After finishing the above process you will be on the Enrolment page.
Modules can be added to the Enrolment by clicking the Add a Module Enrolment link. You do not need to enter additional details for each of these modules as they will inherit the default details from the main enrolment.
With the enrolment process complete most data entry from now on will involve adding events, common events are:
- Training Plan event used to fill in proposed dates and assign trainers,
- Training event used for:
- Modules trained
- Modules assessed
- Modules withdrawn,
- Comment event for general purpose details such as logging phone calls or noting receipt of traineeship registration letters,
- Complete Successfully event,
- Cancelled event.